Many people wouldn’t call for help in the middle of the night over a leaky faucet. However, there are some plumbing problems that require emergency services and should be handled as soon as possible. If any of the following plumbing emergencies affect your Fairfield County home, we at Fairfield County Plumbers recommend you do not wait to call for help.
- Burst Pipes. A burst pipe can cause water to flow all over your home. The first priority when dealing with a burst pipe is to stop the water flow. Damage control consists of stopping the water and preventing further flooding, so the main shutoff valve to your home will need to be closed. Then, a plumber can repair or replace the burst pipe.
- Clogged Toilets. Sewer plumbing problems can cause an incredible mess that can be very harmful to our health. Water from the toilet is categorized as contaminated water, and needs to be handled with the proper protective equipment. An unsolved clogged toilet can lead to some horrific overflow, and may lead to structural damage or raw sewage backup that presents health hazards. If the toilet is clogged and overflowing, call a plumber immediately.
- Clogged Sinks. A slow drain is not necessarily an emergency, but if the clog becomes severe enough that it stops water flow completely, you could be looking at a potential flood, not to mention a serious hindrance to daily activities. If nothing is able to drain through the sink, call a plumber right away to find the source of the clog and remove it.
- Clogged Bathtubs and Showers. When the water won’t drain in the tub or shower, it is most likely caused by buildup in the drain. We run large amounts of water through the tub and while showering, so when these drains become clogged and start spilling over, it can cause some major flooding. If you are unable to clear shower and tub drains, call a plumber.
- Sewer System Backup. The worst plumbing nightmare is sewer system backup. Sewer backups are costly and inconvenient, not to mention the smell. Signs of a severe sewer system backup include multiple drain clogs, bad sewage odors from the drains, gurgling toilets, ad water pooling around the basement floor drain. If you notice any of these signs, or suspect sewer system backup, call a plumber immediately.
There are many other plumbing problems that should not be ignored, like leaky faucets, leaky washing machine hoses, frozen pipes, no hot water, the list goes on and on. Even small plumbing problems, like simple leaks, can turn into water disasters and mold issues if not taken care of immediately. It is never a good idea to wait when it comes to plumbing emergencies; even a few minutes can increase the damage to your home significantly depending on the problem.
When you call Fairfield County Plumbers, we guarantee that we will dispatch a plumber to your home as soon as possible. Our team is certified, educated, and experienced to handle any job. Call us 24/7 for all your emergency plumbing needs.